The Addison Arbor Foundation, founded in 1995, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established for the purpose of raising funds for public park projects, including landscaping and sculptural works, in Addison. The mission of the Addison Arbor Foundation is to promote and enhance natural environments within the Town of Addison through landscaping, public art and education.
Over the years, both private and public donations have been raised to support landscaping and art projects within the Addison community. The Addison Arbor Foundation recognizes significant donors through on-site donor monument signage or at the “Giving Tree” located in the Addison Conference & Theatre Centre, 15650 Addison Rd., adjacent to Addison Circle Park. Read more about the Giving Tree here!
The Foundation Board is currently comprised of ten members and a Town Council liaison that live or work in Addison. Paul Walden is the AAF Town Council Liaison.
Current members of the Board are:
- Jay Ihrig, President
- Judye Murray, Secretary
- Judy Barrett
- Margie Gunther
- Gage Hunt, Mary Kay Inc. Liaison
- Barbara Papas, Vice President
- Barbara St. Clair
- Greg Robertson
- Yasue Kulhanek, Treasurer
The Foundation has four working groups:
- Education – Develops and coordinates ongoing horticultural and sustainability events.
- Projects – Works with the Town of Addison and various groups to develop public projects that support the mission of the Addison Arbor Foundation.
- Development – Identifies and seeks potential donors for the Addison Arbor Foundation.
- Communications – Responsible for developing/maintaining the Addison Arbor Foundation’s website and through social media, informs Addison residents, businesses, donors and membership of the work and activities of the Foundation.